- Tap to Care Days Volunteering
Tap to Care Days Volunteering
Tap to Care Days is taking place Monday, November 1st to Sunday, November 7th. This initiative is one of many community engagement activities planned as part of A Week of Caring Together. As we approach our $34 million Together, We Care fundraising goal, we want everyone in our community to have an opportunity to contribute.
As a Tap to Care Volunteer, you will be equipped with a lanyard with tap to donate technology. You’ll be assigned to a location with high pedestrian traffic where you will ask passerbyers if they would like to tap to donate to Guelph General Hospital’s Together, We Care campaign. For someone to donate, all they need to do is tap their credit card on the lanyard tag. Each tap makes a $5 donation. Donations will be used to help fund a powerful new MRI scanner for Guelph General Hospital.
- All volunteers will be assigned a partner to work with
- All shifts are 4 hours long, but as you are in pairs, you can trade off as needed for short breaks
- Locations will be predetermined by The Foundation of Guelph General Hospital and permission by the store owners/ property management will be confirmed
- Volunteers will be provided with:
- A tap to pay lanyard
- Together, We Care branded toques
- Purple vest to be worn over jacket/ sweater
- A small plastic cup to accept coin/ cash donations
- Talking points so you can answer questions about how the donations will be used
- A medical grade mask and hand sanitizer
- A training session over Zoom will be scheduled for all volunteers for review of the finer details
Please complete the following form and a Foundation staff member will confirm your schedule by end of day Monday, October 25th.